Excel-based Business Analysis and Optimization
IBM Cognos Express Xcelerator extends and transforms the familiar Microsoft Excel front-end with a powerful in-memory analytics engine. It’s perfectly suited for multidimensional business analysis and “what-if” scenario modeling enabling a new level of insight and action for better business outcomes.
Users can work within an Excel environment to create custom analysis and build their own “what-if” business scenarios. This approach allows business users to use existing Excel skills and investments while overcoming the risks and limitations of spreadsheet-only processes.
IBM Cognos Express Xcelerator delivers:
- An Excel or web-based interface that allows business users to easily contribute data using familiar Excel-authored reports and applications with no “coding” skills required
- Dynamic modeling of hierarchies and dimensions to provide custom views or consolidations of information for different users
- An unlimited amount of ad hoc, “what-if” alternatives (sandboxes) that allow individuals, teams, divisions, and entire companies to respond to rapidly changing business conditions
- Centrally managed data, business hierarchies, rules, and calculations to eliminate data silos and inconsistencies throughout the organization – all powered by an in-memory analytics server
- Pre-built blueprints for key business optimization tasks, including expense and capital planning, workforce management, and profitability analysis
- Role-based security, structured workflows, and clear audit trails to improve accountability and accuracy
- Write-back capabilities that link “what-if” modeling results with business optimization and planning so you can align the right resources to capitalize on new opportunities
.: Read more about IBM Business Intelligence Software